Is an LLC, S-corp., Limited Liability Partnership, etc. the right structure for your business?
I will help you understand your options and decide which business structure is right for your small business. I will also make sure you know how to ensure that business structure works for you.
- Today's business structures are largely designed to provide "Limited liability." This means that by choosing the proper business structure, you can protect your personal and family's assets from a business liability.
- But, you must make sure you follow certain steps. Not doing so can put you and your family at risk. For example, mixing your personal accounts and your business accounts, using personal funds for business expenses, not entering into contracts as a representative of your company...these mistakes could potentially be costly.
- I can help you understand how to organize and register your business properly and keep the protection it provides you intact.
Non-profit organizations and 501(c)(3) status
Though you are driven by a charitable purpose, when setting up your non-profit and obtaining 501(c)(3) status from the IRS, you must approach it as business.
I will organize your non-profit properly and make sure all of your bases are covered:
- properly incorporate with the Secretary of State
- advise you how to properly form your first Board of Directors
- write by-laws and a conflict of interest policy for the organization
- prepare and file the F1023 application with the IRS to obtain 501(c)(3) status